Everyone loves ooey gooey peach crumble, right? Perhaps, a lá mode? Well, how about the best of both worlds? I’m talking a marriage between peach crumble & my classic vanilla ice cream. The late summer treat you didn’t know you needed.
The vanilla ice cream base : super creamy, so simple and so fresh.
The oat crumble : classic – you can’t go wrong with the oats + cinnamon + sugar combo.
The peach filling… drown me in it. It’s gooey, cinnamon-y & has a caramelized flavor profile (getting fancy here, I know).
All three together? A trifecta — let your mind wander, let your stomach grumble, let your hands reach for the mixer to get started.
For the ice cream –
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk (preferably whole)
- 1/2 c sugar
- Dash of vanilla
For the peaches –
- 4 peaches, diced
- cinnamon, measured with the heart
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
For the oat crumble –
- 1 cup oats
- cinnamon, the heart
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Place the bowl of your ice cream machine in the freezer 24 hours before use.
- In a skillet, combine peaches, cinnamon & coconut oil. Cook on medium heat, stirring often until the peaches soften and begin to caramelize.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool, completely.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the crumble and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ice cream ingredients until combined. Place bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Grab your frozen bowl from the freezer and assemble your machine. Follow instructions for your type of ice cream machine. (It should be something along the lines of pouring your mixture into a spinning machine and letting it run for 20-30 minutes)
- With 5 minutes left in the churn, add peaches to the machine, followed by the oat crumble.
- Remove ice cream and set in a covered loaf pan or air tight container. Freeze until it reaches the desired consistency.
As I said, here we use the classic vanilla ice cream base — feel free to swap out any mix-ins and create your own flavor. The recipe is so versatile, and options are literally endless.